Holiday Centres - UK - February 2010
This report provides an overview of the market for holiday centres, investigating the core market factors, consumer dynamics, strengths and weaknesses, innovation in the sector and likely future developments.
- The credit crunch, a devalued Pound and the economic recession have contributed to improved fortunes for UK holiday operators in 2009, reversing the previous downward slide.
- The UK holiday centres market continues to grow. It is worth an estimated £364 million, an increase of 10% since 2004, in sharp contrast to the domestic holiday market overall which stagnated during the same period.
- Many holiday centres have attracted first-time visitors in 2009 which bodes well for repeat business in the future. The most damning image problem is among those who have not actually been to a holiday centre: Hi-De-Hi has proved very difficult to erase from the consumer psyche.
- The 12% of adults who have never been to a holiday centre but would like to tend to be pre-/no family younger adults. The presence of young children is a likely trigger for visiting.
- A third of adults feel that holiday centres are ‘just for families’.
- In 2009 a third of consumers used the internet to investigate their holiday choices, twice as high as any other source and a percentage that has more than doubled in five years.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.