Home Insurance - UK - October 2011
“After making successful inroads into the personal motor sector, price comparison sites are turning their attention to home insurance. This is leading to a growing proportion of household business being written through aggregator sites, to the detriment of direct sales.”
– Sarah Hitchcock, Senior Analyst – Financial Services
Some key questions answered in the report include:
- What impact are aggregators having on this market?
- How is the economic downturn affecting cover levels?
- How can the industry reduce the level of underinsurance?
- In what ways can insurers sweeten the pill of rate rises?
- Is there scope to reduce or eliminate admin fees for making minor policy changes?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.