Homeopathic and Herbal Remedies - US - November 2016
The homeopathic and herbal remedies market continues to grow steadily. In 2016, total US retail sales are estimated at nearly $5.4 billion, and Mintel forecasts a stable growth trajectory through 2021.
This report examines the following areas:
- Aging population tempers short-term growth
- Consumers don’t understand the category
- Competitive landscape adds to consumer confusion
This Report will cover herbal and homeopathic remedies that treat a variety of ailments and/or are used for preventative measures.
- Homeopathic remedies stimulate the body’s natural powers of defense and recovery by using a substance that causes symptoms of a disease in healthy people to cure the same disease in sick people. It is based on the idea that the body can heal itself. Typical ingredients include diluted doses of a substance of animal, vegetable, or mineral origin.
- Herbal remedies are an alternative form of treatment made solely from parts of whole plants (eg leaves, bark, or roots), in contrast to conventional modern medicines that extract and concentrate specific compounds. A large number of herbal remedies are available as supplements, and are not regulated as medicines.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.