Hotels in India - May 2016
“The Indian hotel market is clearly not over-supplied. Quality branded rooms supply should grow from about 112,300 in 2014/15 to almost 146,500 by 2019/20 – an increase of some 30%. It would seem likely and indeed desirable from an economic standpoint for India’s small domestic players to join forces, either amongst themselves, or through tie-ups with larger international partners in order to gain critical mass and be able to benefit from economies of scale.”
Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- How will the current economic, geopolitical and regulatory environment impact India’s hotel sector?
- What has been the recent trend in arrivals, overnights and rates at Indian hotels by major city?
- What is the breakdown of India’s hotel capacity in terms of region and grade?
- Which are the main Indian hotel groups and what is the nature of their hotel portfolios?
- How extensive is the presence of foreign hotel chains in India?
- Which regions and which hotel segments show the greatest potential for future development?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.