Hotels - US - October 2014
“The relatively stable and growing economy of the past couple of years has given consumers the confidence to resume taking vacations and overnight trips. However, competitors to traditional lodgings, like airbnb.com, have emerged that can both threaten the existing players and grow the overall market.”
– Fiona O’Donnell, Category Manager – Multicultural, Lifestyles, Travel and Leisure
This report answers the following questions:
- Will home sharing affect revenues?
- How important are Hispanics to future growth in the market?
- Are hotels missing an opportunity with frequent hotel guests?
- Hotels/motels are the most popular type of paid accommodation.
- Hotel users average 5.6 separate visits per year.
- Hotel stays are integral to leisure/holiday-related travel.
- Most adults choose midscale and upscale hotel chains.
- Good customer service is the number-one factor impacting hotel selection.
- One in three adults avoid certain hotel brands.
- Many adults usually do research online before staying at an unfamiliar property.
- Free breakfast factors into hotel selection.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.