Household Linen - UK - February 2010
- New bedding and bed linens needs to be marketed as a small indulgence that can inject a bit of life into a tired-looking bedroom. Three in ten adults think new bedding is a good way to change the look of a room.
- More imaginative in-store displays combined with discount offers are the key to triggering more impulse buying. A fifth of adults claim to have seen bedding items and bought on impulse.
- Manufacturers need to increase brand awareness and communicate their brand’s story and why their products are unique. Only one in ten adults look out for well-known brands and just one in 20 are attracted to designer brands.
- Retailers and manufacturers could benefit from ‘design your own room’ internet sites that enable consumers to see a 3-D virtual room that matches their mood. Four in ten adults say their choice of bedding items reflects their personal sense of style.
- A third of adults like to touch/feel bedding items before buying to check quality. This could be a barrier to growth of online sales and means a high street presence remains important.
- Consumers are looking for more from their bedding than just looking nice. Awareness of bed hygiene has increased and just under a third of adults think being able to clean duvets/pillows is important.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.