Ice Cream and Frozen Novelties - US - July 2014
"While more than half of frozen treat buyers express the importance of product price in their purchase decision, flavor rules. In practice, gelato (with its corresponding higher price point) has driven growth in the category in recent years."
– Beth Bloom, Food and Drink Analyst
This report looks at the following issues:
- Why the slowdown in ice cream and frozen novelty sales?
- What are growth opportunities in the ice cream and frozen novelties category?
- How strong is the demand for non-dairy frozen treats?
- Ice cream
- Frozen novelties (ice cream bars, sandwiches, cones, popsicles, and the like, all with the advantage of inherent hand-held convenience, single portions/portion control, and snack friendliness)
- Frozen yogurt (including non-dairy items made from soy or other dairy alternatives)
- Sherbet, sorbet, and ices
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.