Ice Cream and Frozen Novelties - US - July 2016
"As volume sales in the saturated category decline, dollar gains have cooled. While health leads reasons for cutting back, sales of traditionally health-focused products (including low- fat/calories) struggle, and indulgence appears as a strong purchase driver. Category players can aim at health through cues such as natural, premium, and whole, positioning the products as being both good tasting and good for you."
-Beth Bloom, Senior Food & Drink Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- Dollar sales hold as volume sales decline
- 22% of frozen treat buyers are buying less
- Frozen yogurt brands are experiencing a meltdown
This Report examines retail sales of ice cream and frozen novelties (often referred to as “frozen treats” in combination for the sake of brevity). For the purposes of this Report, the ice cream and frozen novelties market has been segmented as follows:
- Ice cream/frozen dairy dessert (including gelato)
- Frozen novelties (eg, ice cream bars, sandwiches, cones, popsicles, and the like, all with the advantage of hand-held convenience, single portions/portion control, and snack friendliness)
- Frozen yogurt and dairy alternatives (including non-dairy items made from soy or other dairy alternatives)
- Sherbet, sorbet, and ices.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.