Imported Beer - US - December 2009
This report focuses on how the imported beer category has changed, particularly in response to the current U.S. economic and social landscape, as well as current trends in beer and brewing. Current economic pressures in the US have motivated consumers to seek alternate choices to higher-priced imported beer.
This report provides an in-depth examination of the imported beer market for industry retailers, distributors and sales and marketing teams interested in pursuing opportunities to innovate trends within segments and to evaluate the competition. Sales and analysis covers two imported beer segments: regular imported beer and light imported beer. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What consolidations have occurred in the beer industry? What changes are currently taking form? What could the imported beer market look like in the future?
- How did these consolidations affect companies, imported and domestic segments, and brand standings? What could they lead to in the future?
- Are current U.S. demographic trends affecting imported beer selection, shopping trends and retail channels?
- How are consumer trends impacting imported beer segments and brands? Which import brands are gaining or losing volume and share, and why?
- What product innovations were introduced to the marketplace in 2008? What were the top new product claims?
- How have the innovation in domestic craft and light beer influenced the imported beer market?
- Has the resurgence of domestic popular (sub-premium) beer negatively influenced imported beer?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.