Juice and Juice Drinks: The Consumer - US - January 2011
Juice and juice drinks consumption has remained stable during 2008-10, and the market has struggled to gain consumers. In fact, the recession has dampened consumption in certain consumer groups and the market appears to remain stuck in traditional occasions of consumption, primarily as a morning breakfast drink and a drink to be stuffed in kids’ lunch boxes. In this two-part report on fruit juice and juice drinks, Mintel takes an in-depth consumer-centric view of the market including coverage of the previously-mentioned issues. The market-centric view is covered in Mintel’s Fruit Juice and Juice Drinks: The Market—U.S., February 2011. This report offers wide consumer insights ranging from the preference of sweetener to positioning a certain juice flavor per a drinking occasion. The primary themes explored in this report include, but are not limited to:
- Fruit juice and juice drinks consumption trends among adults, teens and kids
- How the current economic downturn and the high rate of unemployment has impacted consumer behavior in purchasing juice/juice drinks
- What flavors adults, teens, and kids prefer in juice/juice drinks; how flavor choices differ or converge among these demographic groups
- What view consumers take toward added sugar and artificial sweeteners in fruit juice/drinks; what manufacturers can do to overcome the high-calorie barrier to reach health-conscious consumers
- How consumers view fruit juice/juice drinks purchase with respect to packaging
- What attributes do core groups such as blacks, Hispanics, and parents (particularly moms) desire in fruit juice/juice drinks
- What types of new products may be able to compete effectively with other non-alcoholic beverages that attract consumers away from fruit juice and juice drinks
- How the juice/juice drinks flavor choice changes with the occasion of drinking in an entire day
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.