Juice and Juice Drinks - US - October 2016
“Like other non-alcoholic beverage leaders, including CSDs and dairy milk, the category is losing share to other beverage types that offer flavor variety and functional innovation, some with lower sugar/calorie totals. The importance of diversifying consumption occasions can be seen in the growth of snack-friendly smoothies and decline of 100% juice, which is often pigeonholed for breakfast.”
- Beth Bloom, Senior Food & Drink Analyst
This Report discusses the following topics:
- Category stagnation continues
- 100% juice struggles
- Morning leads as breakfast occasion; juice drinks/smoothies are versatile
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- 100% juice: fruit and vegetable juices, mixes, and concentrates, with no other ingredients added; includes both 100% juice blends and 100% pure juice of a single kind
- Juice drinks: juices, mixes, and concentrates, containing ingredients other than fruit and/or vegetable juice, such as corn syrup or other sweeteners and flavorings
- RTD (ready-to-drink) smoothies: drinks made with fruit and/or juice with some kind of thickener, such as fruit puree or milk
Fruit and vegetable juice and juice drinks covered here include those sold in a number of formats:
- Aseptic (boxed), canned, or bottled
- Shelf-stable, refrigerated, or frozen
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.