Kids' and Teens' Restaurant Eating Habits - US - June 2009
This report explores kids’ and teens’ eating habits as it applies to restaurants—identifying trends that are changing consumer habits and perceptions about dining out and how restaurants are reacting to these needs. The report covers industry activity in and consumer attitudes and behavior towards full-service and limited-service restaurants from the perspectives of both children and parents. The report focuses not only on innovation and trends related to what’s on the kids’ menu, but also what surrounds the menu, such as entertainment and activities used to attract children.
Throughout this report, you will also find thoughtful discussion on the following topics:
- How restaurants can attract families with healthier menu offerings
- How restaurants can navigate the future of menu transparency and make this information applicable to the dietary needs of children
- How the recession is negatively impacting consumers’ tendencies to dine out, including ways to curtail declining guest traffic and motivate purchases
- How shifts in the child population will impact restaurants, justifying increased need for kids’ meals and entertainment by all restaurants segments
- Innovating on kids’ menu variety, by restaurant segment
- Insight into how one company has become the restaurant brand for kids through strategic and the innovative moves that position it as an explicitly kid-friendly destination
- Limited-service and full-service restaurant usage as reported by both parents and kids, with analysis tailored to differences by age of child
- Comparisons between the opinions of moms and dads regarding what keeps a child’s attention at restaurants
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.