Kids' Snacking - US - June 2010
The kids’ snacking market is coming under increased scrutiny in light of rising childhood obesity rates. Yet all kids snack and most snack frequently - whether at home, at school, or on the go. This report, based on exclusive research among kids aged 6-11, takes a closer look at the snacking market from the kids’ perspective, examining their behaviors, attitudes, and preferences. Topics and discussion include:
- Analysis of what kids identify as their favorite snacks across the healthy, sweet and salty/savory segments
- Research on what snack attributes, benefits and marketing tactics have the greatest appeal among kids
- Insight into how increased attention to rising childhood obesity rates—from consumers, interest groups and the government—is changing how kids’ snacks are marketed and changing the snacks themselves
- Guidance for marketers and retailers looking to capitalize on growing interest in better-for-you (BFY) kids’ snacks
- An examination of recent advertising and new product activity in kids’ snacking
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.