Lawn and Garden Products - US - April 2016
The lawn and garden products market is on the rise in an improving economy as more consumers engage in discretionary projects to improve their outdoor living space. In addition, consumers are viewing lawn and garden care as an enjoyable activity with benefits rather than a chore. While a stable and improving economy and housing market points to future market growth, consumers will continue to take a price-driven approach to shopping for lawn and garden products. Going forward, creative and affordable projects, safe and healthy products, and ergonomic garden designs that are suitable for any size living space may help continue growth and appeal to a range of consumers.
This report examines the following areas:
- Slow, steady growth expected to continue
- Gardening Non-enthusiasts outnumber Garden Enthusiasts
- Cost and time most common barriers for caring for lawn and garden
This Report includes information related to lawn and garden products, services, and equipment, as well as consumer activities.
For the purposes of this Report, DIY lawn/garden activities refer to work done directly by consumers, while paid lawn/garden projects refer to work done only by residential professional lawn/garden service providers, not commercial.
- Lawn projects may include activities such as lawn maintenance (eg lawn mowing, grass cutting), lawn planting/seeding, lawn renovation (eg replacing turf with new grass without changing the grade), and the use of lawn fertilizers and chemicals.
- Gardening activities may include fruit or vegetable gardening (any types of formats including hydroponic, container, or outdoor), container gardening, native plant gardening (plants specific to respondents’ area), hardscaping (eg building walls, patio areas), exotic plant gardening, and hydroponic/water/aqua gardening.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.