Licensed Merchandise - US - October 2009
“The Great Recession” may be nearing an end, but it has already impacted most segments of the licensed merchandise industry. Categories as diverse as character merchandise and licensed sports merchandise have been affected by the subtle changes in living and spending patterns that have been observed in virtually every facet of American society.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market for licensed sports merchandise by addressing the following questions:
- How have sales of licensed sports merchandise fluctuated in recent years, and how are sales likely to increase or decline in the future?
- How is licensed sports merchandise performing relative to competing types of licensed merchandise?
- How have sales of specific categories of licensed sports merchandise fluctuated in recent years, and which categories show the greatest promise?
- What channels show the greatest potential for marketers?
- How are various leagues such as the NFL performing relatively to others such as the NHL?
- What proportion of adults, kids and teens own various types of licensed sports merchandise, and how has that incidence increased or decreased in recent years?
- Which factors drive people to purchase licensed sports merchandise, and which tend to discourage purchase?
- Which segments of society tend to purchase the most sports merchandise and which rarely, if ever, purchase?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.