LSR: Sandwiches, Subs and Wraps Concepts - US - October 2014
“The issues that sandwich, sub, and wrap concepts face stem from the versatility of the product itself. While consumers are clearly more than willing to go to a sandwich shop to eat, they can easily make a sandwich at home, go to a burger place, or skip out on the meal altogether. Sandwich operators should focus on what makes their sandwiches different from the rest of their competitors, and how their menu can adapt to consumers’ lifestyles as well.”
– Katrina Fajardo, Foodservice Analyst
This report deals with the following issues:
- The sandwich, sub, and wrap category is popular with Americans, but has stiff competition
- Consumers expect fresh ingredients, healthy options, and the ability to customize at sandwich, sub, and wrap locations
- Improvements in ordering methods and where consumers are eating their sandwiches lead the way to new menu options
- Breakfast and snacking dayparts are where sandwich operators can grow their brands.
- Online/mobile ordering is an important medium for consumers to order sandwiches, and for operators to target core demographics.
- Hispanics are not only an opportunity, but they are also a moving target for sandwich, sub, and wrap operators.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.