Lunch Meat - US - December 2009
Since the start of the economic recession in 2007, sales of lunch meat have rebounded thanks in part to an increase in “brown bagging” and “eating in.” In this report Mintel discusses how consumer trends, the economy, and new product trends are influencing the lunch meat market. In addition to presenting sales data by segment, supplier and brand, the report considers a range of topics, including:
- The size of the lunch meat market and growth forecast through 2014
- How the recession has changed how consumers shop for lunch meat—and what to expect when the economy recovers
- Why private label and small brands are driving growth at the expense of market leaders
- The latest new product trends, including improved, re-sealable packaging technology, better-for-you offerings and bold and unique flavors
- How “deli-style” packaged lunch meats such as Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh and Hillshire Farm Deli Select have helped boost consumer perceptions of packaged lunch meat
- Why retailers are seeing a consumer shift from the deli counter to the packaged meat aisle
- How the market leaders are using advertising to differentiate their brands from the rest of the category
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.