Marketing Health to Men - US - October 2011
Marketing health to men is not always an easy endeavor, as men are far less likely than women to regularly visit their doctor, report illnesses or buy health products. However, as the population of men aged 55+ continues to grow over the next five years, the need for quality health care, health management services, and health products for older men will become increasingly important. In addition, younger men are shifting away from male stereotypes that have historically prevented men from engaging in activities such as weight loss programs. In this report, Mintel explores:
- Ailments and conditions men report having experienced in the last twelve months and how men are treating these conditions
- How men in different age and income brackets rank their health compared to others
- What illnesses men are concerned about developing
- Which sources of information men turn to when they have questions or concerns relating to diet, exercise, stress management and mental health
- Which sources of information men turn to when they have questions about medications
- How likely men are to use online health tools like weight trackers and fitness planners
- How often men in different age groups, income brackets and geographical regions exercise and for how long
- Men’s attitudes toward food and diet
- Men’s attitudes toward pharmaceuticals
- Level of interest among men in supplements to manage health
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.