Marketing Pollution-proof Products - China - August 2015
“In February 2015, Under the Dome, a documentary that investigated air pollution in China, became a smash hit in China. It attracted hundreds of millions of viewers in a very short time after it went live online. The popularity of the documentary could be regarded as a demonstration of the high awareness and concern about pollution among Chinese consumers.
Chinese consumers are more willing to take measures to protect themselves against pollution. This suggests great potential for pollution-proof products, especially purifiers and personal care products with anti-pollution benefits.
However, the markets of pollution-proof products are still in the early stages and manufacturers and marketers should take more efforts in promoting their products, such as demonstrating the usefulness of the products, providing more guidance in choosing products, and proving their products as value-for-money solutions.”
– Linda Li, Senior Research Analyst
In this report, Mintel answers the following key questions:
- What kind of pollution are consumers most concerned about?
- What are the consumers’ attitudes towards pollution-proof products? Do they consider them as useful in fighting against the effects of pollution?
- Are consumers interested in buying pollution-proof products? Who are likely to be the pioneers that would buy pollution-proof products?
- What are the consideration factors when consumers choose pollution-proof products?
- What kind of marketing strategies should brands and marketers take when promoting pollution-proof products?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.