Marketing to Affluent Consumers - US - July 2010
In difficult economic times, recovery may depend on the willingness of more affluent consumers to spend. However, roughly two-thirds of affluent respondents to Mintel’s survey say they are cutting back because of the economy, demonstrating the breadth of the Great Recession. To survive this climate, luxury and aspirational brands must incorporate the key values to which affluent consumers respond.
In this report, Mintel takes a look at the demographics of the affluent consumer base and trends in their behavior as consumers.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- the brand characteristics to which affluent consumers gravitate
- how depictions of affluence are changing
- which types of media show stronger reach among affluents
- which online strategies are more effective for affluents
- how can the affluent base be further segmented
- what categories of products are affluents spending more on
- which Internet channels are used most by affluent shoppers
- how significant is the smartphone channel in reaching higher-earners
- how much does corporate ethics impact affluent buying behavior
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.