Marketing to LGBTs - US - April 2010
As marketers look for ways to create brand relationships, many develop highly-targeted communications designed to boost brand appeal among specific segments of the population. Many companies are strengthening relationships with the LGBT community, which has an average household income well above the national average and high levels of disposable income.
This report provides in-depth research and analysis of the shopping and spending patterns of LGBTs in the US, as well the types of advertisements and marketing initiatives that companies have used to appeal to this segment.
More specifically, this report addresses the following questions:
- How do the average household incomes and disposable incomes of LGBTs differ from other segments?
- About what proportion of the population consider themselves to be gay or bisexual?
- What types of foods to LGBTs tend to enjoy the most and what channels to they frequent when shopping for food and beverage?
- How are the shopping and spending patterns of LGBTs within non-food categories similar to or distinct from those of the general population?
- How are the travel patterns of LGBTs distinct from the general population?
- What roles do technology and the internet play in the lifestyles of LGBTs?
- What types of activities do LGBTs enjoy doing at home and away from home?
- How do LGBTs react to marketing that is specifically directed at the segment?
- How does the general population tend to react to advertisements with LGBT imagery?
- What types of imagery and messaging have agencies used in advertisements directed at the LGBT segment?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.