Marketing to Millennials - US - March 2010
Millennials, the children of the Boomers, are the next generational bulge, and as they move through their career stages, the impact of their buying power will reflect their numbers and be immense. Tapping into this generational segment as they begin their adult lives is important for brands hoping to establish lifelong relationships with their customers. The advent of social media (e.g. social networking sites) has forced marketers to change how they think about reaching consumers who have grown up online.
In this report, Mintel takes a look at the attitudes of the Millennial generation toward technology, health, financial goals, and social issues. It also focuses on the role that social media play in their lives.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- How social media are being used to reach Millennials
- How innovators are overcoming Millennial disdain for advertising
- Which strategies have proven effective in increasing reach and generating sales
- Which generational characteristics marketers should cater to
- How resistant are Millennials to corporate presence online
- Which motivations drive Millennial behavior on the internet
- Which social issues matter most to Millennials and do they expect corporate responsibility
- What percentage of Millennials would rather chat with friends online than in person
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.