Marketing to Moms - US - February 2009
This report examines strategies marketers can use to reach the large and diverse population of mothers in the U.S.
A host of dynamic issues are analyzed, all of which inform a nuanced approach toward marketing to moms in the “new economy”:
- The demographics of motherhood, ranging from their age and income, to their employment, marital status and the type of household in which they live
- The effects of the changing economy on motherhood, and on the ways in which mothers shop and spend, and what moms want and need from products and marketers in the “new economy”
- The qualities, by their own reckoning, that define a “good mom,” and how this definition varies by age, race, income, employment status, childcare practices, and shopping habits
- The critical importance of “connection” (including social networking) and the powerful influence of word of mouth
- Shopping strategies employed by moms and which marketing and merchandising techniques can influence their purchasing behavior
- Key product sectors influenced by moms’ spending and how lessons from those markets inform the entire market for moms
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.