Marketing to Moms - US - February 2011
Moms today are better educated, more likely to be their families’ primary earners, and more plugged in than ever to friends, family, brands, and a constant stream of parenting information and advice. Their position as the heart and soul of the family is as strong as ever. Yet the challenges they face raising their kids in a changing world are significant.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of what drives today’s moms, including:
- The changing demographics of motherhood and families, including age and income, workforce participation, marital status and education
- Insight into moms’ biggest issues and worries, especially her children’s safety, nutrition, and education
- Moms’ own take on the many traits that can define a good mom—what’s most important and what’s less essential—and a fresh look at the ongoing debate over parenting styles and discipline
- A look at what keeps moms at the center of family purchase decisions even as dads are doing more of the actual shopping
- An update on moms’ participation in social media and how that’s changing with her rapid uptake of internet-enabled smart phones
- How busy moms would spend a hypothetical extra hour in the day, revealing where her heart truly lies
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.