Marketing to Moms - US - September 2014
“The modern mom utilizes an assortment of tools and resources to research products and make purchases; most prominent among them is her smartphone, but her arsenal also includes social media, family and friends, and experts. As the Millennial generation settles into its prime childbearing years, brands must keep tabs on the shifting preferences and attitudes of this generation to effectively target the modern mom.”
- Lauren Bonetto, Lifestyles & Leisure Analyst
This report looks at the following issues:
- between moms and dads in time devoted to work, household duties, childcare, and leisure
- Pressure to be a “super mom”
While moms have been dedicating more hours to working outside the home, the time they spend on household duties has not decreased at the same pace. Studies have shown that moms continue to spend more hours than dads on childcare and household duties and that they have less leisure time on the weekends. While moms of the past likely felt the need for change, Millennial moms may be the generation to finally demand progress on the home front.
- A Pew Research Center study released in 2013 analyzed the number of hours moms and dads spent on paid work, housework, and childcare in 1965 and 2011. Researchers observed a significant convergence of the traditional gender roles; however, mothers continue to shoulder a disproportionate share of household and childcare duties, even in dual-income households.
- Though dads are dedicating more time to housework and childcare than they were in the 1960s, moms today still spend roughly twice as much time as dads on these duties each week.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.