Marketing to Moms - US - September 2016
"Moms today are having their first child later in life and are choosing to have smaller families. Increasing childcare costs and limited benefits for working moms (such as paid maternity leave), are leading more moms to consider staying at home. Ultimately, moms today are proud of their parenting decisions and consider parenting to be a series of personal choices. Many are bucking the notion of being a “perfect mom” and are even proud to acknowledge and embrace their parenting flaws."
- Gina Cavato, Lifestyles & Leisure Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- High cost of raising a child, slow wage growth, leading to smaller families
- Moms aren’t as likely to value media sources
- Self-care is a common challenge among all moms
- Moms less confident about their own social lives, having it “all-together”
This Report discusses moms’ perceptions of parenting resources and attitudes and investigates the challenges and concerns moms face.
When referring to the consumer data in this Report, moms are defined as female parents or guardians aged 18+ who have children younger than 18 living in the home.
- New moms are defined as female parents or guardians who have given birth, adopted, or become the legal guardian of their first child(ren) in the last three years.
- Experienced moms are defined as female parents or guardians who have given birth, adopted, or become the legal guardian of their first child(ren) more than three years ago.
Another definition of moms, used to a lesser extent, is women aged 15-44, or women of childbearing years, as defined by the US Census Bureau.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.