Media Usage and Online Behavior - US - October 2011
In the context of a rapidly changing, fast-evolving digital landscape, media usage is in a period of major transformation. While use of more traditional media (broadcast TV, radio) and communication devices (landlines) remains widespread, a wide range of consumers are embracing new technologies that give them greater access, flexibility and control over their media and communications. This report probes online behavior specifically related to:
- How internet access and mobile devices underpin this tidal shift in media usage
- How different consumer groups are accessing the internet
- Offers insights into their online behavior, attitudes and preferences.
- How consumers use new and traditional platforms to communicate
- Patterns for watching TV, movies and shorter video content
- Listening to traditional radio, internet radio and locally-stored audio
- Ways in which people play games, garner news and seek information
- Use of traditional media such as local TV news, newspapers and print magazines
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.