Media Usage - US - September 2010
Technological innovations have changed how consumers spend their free time, whether at home or on the go. This report focuses on how technological advances in consumer electronics, entertainment content and communications are changing the media engagement landscape. Forward-looking analysis of trends, particularly based on data by age, gender and household income, show how media usage will affect business models and marketing efforts in upcoming years. To this effect, the following questions are addressed:
- How has increased interest in and reliance on the internet affected news and information gathering, leisure activities and modes of communication?
- How has competition for consumer leisure time shifted in recent years?
- How is media usage affected by differences in age, gender, income and race/Hispanic origin?
- How are hardware and software developments shaping communication, video, reading and audio usage?
- How are smartphones, tablets and other portable devices influenced by media usage?
- What are the implications of an increasingly portable lifestyle?
- How can shifting usage of technology be used in marketing to hard-to-reach demographics?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.