Medicated Skincare Products - US - May 2009
The market for medicated skincare consistently grew from 2003-07, though it did evidence a slight decline in 2008 as almost all markets did in the face of the economic crisis. While consumers may be reluctant to spend their dwindling earnings on remedies for relatively non-serious ailments, this market could also be helped by the fact that consumers are increasingly turning to DIY methodologies for a whole host of tasks, including health and wellness.
This report provides in-depth information on the above topics as well as:
- Exploration of the factors driving the market and the impact of the slow economy on the various segments within this category
- Analysis of product trends in light of consumer attitudes towards brands, marketers, and retailers
- The exploration of sales performances of the different medicated skincare segments, as well as a look at advertising within the medicated skincare category overall
- An in-depth look at the current makeup of the core medicated skincare consumers and their needs
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.