Medicated Skincare - US - July 2016
"The rate of growth for medicated skincare market continues to decelerate. Anti-itch treatments remain the strongest performing segment, while foot medications, cold sore treatments, and skin growth removers continue to stagnate. Alternative treatment methods – from self-healing to home remedies and prescription care to general skincare –further exasperate the already competitive environment surrounding medicated skincare. Beyond multifunctional and cosmetic benefits, innovation that incorporates natural ingredients, increases product transparency/education, and delivers convenient format solutions present opportunities for growth."
- Margie Nanninga, Beauty and Personal Care Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- Slow overall growth in a mature and competitive market
- Aging population presents long term obstacle
- Alternative treatment methods are common solution for skin irritations
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definition:
Medicated skincare covers OTC (over-the-counter) products that consumers use to treat skin irritations and foot ailments. Following is a list of the specific product types and conditions that are addressed in this report and the conditions that these products treat.
- Anti-itch creams/treatments – itching of the skin caused by dry skin, cracked skin, eczema, psoriasis, poisonous plants, jock itch, ringworm, skin rashes, bug bites, and other causes; insect first aid products are included in this segment.
- Lip treatments – cold sore treatments.
- Skin growth removers – common warts (hand), plantar (foot), and flat warts (clusters). Does not include genital warts.
- Foot medications – athlete’s foot, nail fungus, etc.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.