Men's Personal Care - US - October 2016
The men’s personal care market is expected to reach $4.4 billion in 2016, representing growth of 15% when looking at the period from 2011-16. However, sales growth has slowed in recent years as the category stabilized and has been impacted by competition from a growing number of male-specific and unisex options. Future growth will rely on encouraging men to increase product usage and expand their product inventory by emphasizing male-specific benefits and highlighting packaging and format innovations.
This report examines the following issues:
- Category growth decelerates
- Men primarily using essentials
- Men unfazed by ads
This Report covers the US market for personal care products that are designated specifically for men. The product categories include:
- Men’s APDO (antiperspirants/deodorants).
- Men’s haircare products: Includes shampoo, conditioner/crème rinse, hair color, styling products, and nonprescription hair growth products.
- Men’s skincare products: Includes body care products, such as liquid body wash, shower gel, and body lotion; as well as facial skincare products, which consist of facial moisturizers, facial cleansers, facial anti-aging products, and acne treatments.
- Men’s shaving products/aftershave products: Includes shaving creams, shaving lotions, shaving gels, and aftershave.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.