Milk - US - May 2009
The milk market continues to face multi-pronged challenges—competition from other dairy beverages, low awareness of functional innovations in milk, lack of flavor-based innovations, retraction in consumer demand, consumer concern about growth hormones and price deflation. This report addresses and provides answers to a number of challenges existing in this market.
Stakeholders and marketers can find answer to the following question in the report:
- What are the principle factors responsible for reduction of consumers demand for milk?
- How private labels define the total market sales and influence of this trend on future growth?
- What are the growth-driving products in this otherwise highly commoditized market?
- How competition from other dairy products, such as yogurt and yogurt drinks, and other possible milk substitutes, such as soy milk, have negatively influenced the milk market
- What is consumer opinion about artificial growth hormone in milk and how companies are addressing these concerns?
- Is high-priced organic milk holding steady through the current recession?
- Which demographic groups are important for market growth and how are they being targeted by marketer?
- Consumers reasons for not drinking milk
- Which innovations have the potential to stimulate market growth?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.