Mobile Phones and the Multicultural Consumer - US - February 2010
The purchasing power of minority demographics has grown significantly faster than the White demographic for more than a decade, a trend that is expected to continue for at least the next five years. Multicultural messaging has become an essential component of marketing strategy for wireless carriers that wish to target the increasingly diverse generations of power users.
In this report, Mintel takes a look at attitudes of multicultural consumers toward mobile phone technology and what they might be willing to spend on.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- What specific factors drive the purchasing decisions of multicultural cell phone users
- What kinds of services or strategies might be more effective with specific demographics
- What makes certain carriers more popular with minorities
- How marketers are targeting minorities in TV advertising
- How spending on phone bills varies by race/Hispanic origin
- Which racial/Hispanic origin demographics use cell phone features beyond voice and texting
- Which factors are more important to the various consumer groups when selecting a phone and a carrier
- How Spanish-dominant Hispanics differ from English-dominant
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.