Mobile Phones - China - February 2017
“In the saturating mobile phone market, replacement purchase is the key driver as consumers show the potential to trade up. This is especially the case for lower tier cities and rural areas. Brands should focus on offering outstanding premium phones and also pay attention to developing offline retail channels to win in lower tier markets.”
– Terra Xu, Senior Research Analyst
This report is looking at the following areas:
- Online and offline channels play different roles
- Attracting purchases in the saturated smartphone market
- Brands should enrich their product portfolios
The mobile phone market covers 2G, 3G and 4G and other mobile phone handsets. Although the report includes both non-smartphones – which covers basic mobile phones and feature phones – and smartphones, the analysis focuses mainly on smartphones which is the leading segment.
- A basic mobile phone is one that is mainly capable of calling and sending text messages.
- A feature phone is defined as a device capable of connecting to 2G networks (but not usually 3G), and which may come with a colour screen, a music player or a camera, but which typically lacks the advanced web browsing ability of a smartphone as well as the ability to download more applications.
- A smartphone is defined as any modern mobile phone capable of connecting to the internet, as well as downloading applications from proprietary application stores.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.