Movie Theaters - US - July 2009
While the recession has been bad news for most sectors of discretionary spending, revenues from domestic box offices have seen a large boost in early 2009. For the first time in years, theater operators find themselves in the position to take advantage of a potential trend reversal. In this report, Mintel takes a look at how the recession is impacting attendance and the revenue generating potential of theater exhibitors.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- How admissions and concession revenue are faring during the recession
- Which alternatives to the cinema experience continue to grow
- What strategies Hollywood studios are using to cut costs and minimize risks
- How leading operators are innovating to reinvent the cinema for certain targets
- Which demographics are increasing attendance over last year
- Where and when do moviegoers most often buy their tickets
- What factors are most important in theater selection
- Which media are most effective in reaching key moviegoer demographics
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.