Multicultural Young Adults - US - February 2009
Through immigration, intermarriage and other trends, the U.S. population is becoming more and more diverse, making multicultural consumers an increasingly important audience for businesses and marketers to understand. Young adult consumers ages 18-34 are a particularly significant segment of the multicultural audience. During this lifestage, consumers develop brand preferences and also spend significant amounts on entertainment, furnishing first homes and building young families. This wired and empowered generational group is also far more likely to demand products and advertising that are specifically targeted at their cultures.
Accordingly, this report will draw on demographic data, survey data and industry research to discuss key issues regarding how this influential group consumes media, technology and online content, including:
- Demographics: Growth trends of racial and ethnic groups within the young adult audience will be discussed, along with geographic distribution. Household characteristics and spending power will also be analyzed
- Entertainment and media: Emerging trends and popular entertainment choices will be discussed, along with usage, behavior and attitudes amongst multicultural young adults regarding primary media channels including TV, newspapers and magazines, radio and the Web
- Technology usage: Ownership and usage profiles regarding consumer technology devices such as PCs and cell phones will be analyzed in detail, including brand preferences as well as typical applications for such devices. Attitudes towards technology will also be discussed
- Online usage: The Web is an increasingly important part of everyday life for multicultural young adults. Their behavior and preferences will be analyzed, with particular emphasis on online shopping as well as entertainment
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.