Nail Color and Care - US - January 2014
“The nail category has typically focused on appealing to young women with new products that are trend-driven and encourage experimentation in order to drive growth and generate enthusiasm. Going forward, the category may want to better align with the needs of older and multicultural women while also introducing tools to help women achieve salon-quality looks at home.”
– Shannon Romanowski, Senior Beauty and Personal Care Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- What are the opportunities to engage older women in the nail category?
- What impact are gel manicures having on the at-home nail category?
- How can the category combat competition from the salon, along with slowed rates of growth?
- Nail polish (includes clear and colored products)
- Nail accessories and implements (ie nail files, clippers, and trimmers)
- Nail treatments (ie nail strengtheners, ridge fillers)
- Artificial nails and accessories (ie press-on nails, nail tips)
- Nail polish removers (includes both acetone and non-acetone polish removers)
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.