Natural and Organic Food and Beverage: The Consumer - US - November 2011
The $18.9 billion natural and organic food and beverage (NOFB) market, which has shown strong growth through the economic downturn, offers great opportunities for producers and marketers who understand what the consumer wants from NOFB.
This report, a companion to Mintel’s Natural and Organic Food and Beverages—The Market—U.S., October 2011, offers an up-close look at today’s NOFB consumer. The report primarily features Mintel’s exclusive consumer research together with data from a wide range of outside sources, offering new insights into how consumers think about NOFB and how this shapes consumer and market behavior.
Core themes examined in this report include:
- Current trends in NOFB usage, including the effects of the economic downturn on consumer purchasing habits
- Which specific consumer groups are most important to the NOFB marketplace, and how factors like age, race, household income and presence of children in the household shape NOFB consumption patterns
- Which NOFB categories are most important to consumers, which categories are gaining or losing popularity, and how marketers can take advantage of current market trends
- Where and how today’s consumers shop for NOFB
- What motivates consumers to buy NOFB and what barriers stand in the way of increased usage
- How consumer attitudes toward the terms “natural” and “organic” are changing, and how marketers can better maintain consumer trust in NOFB products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.