New Cars - US - April 2010
This report explores the new car market in the US. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting new car sales. Additionally, it looks at purchasing and consumer trends, and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What effects do rising gasoline costs and the economic downturn have on the overall market?
- How has the recall crisis for Toyota and other automakers affected market share?
- What incentives have galvanized consumers to purchase, even while in a recession?
- Which companies are successfully using social and digital media to generate enthusiasm among consumers that ultimately lead to brand awareness and sales?
- Which companies are losing or gaining market share and how has that affected sales?
- How have new car dealerships been affected by the recession and how many are still operating?
- What cars have consumers purchased during the last 24 months and what cars do consumers want to purchase during the next year?
- How is the high price of steel and other raw materials contributing to future growth?
- What options are consumers purchasing along with their cars and which household income level is purchasing which options most?
- What works at a dealership to influence purchasing? What doesn’t work?
- What incentives are consumers responding to the most and the least?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.