New Cars - US - July 2011
For the purpose of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Light trucks are defined as the vehicle segment including SUVs, crossover vehicles, vans, and pickup trucks. SUVs are defined as a vehicle built on a light truck platform with an interior similar to a large sedan. Crossovers are defined as a vehicle offering features common to SUVs, such as more cargo space and the ability to sit up high, yet is built on a car platform.
- Cars are defined as the vehicle segment including small, mid, large, and luxury sedans. For purposes of sales data, Mintel uses model size as categorized by Morgan & Company, Inc.
- The primary focus of this report is new domestic vehicle sales, trends, and use. This includes light truck and car segments.
- Vehicle sales data throughout this report apply to new (not used) vehicles unless otherwise stated. Value figures throughout this report are at retail selling prices (rsp) excluding sales tax unless otherwise stated.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.