New Cars - US - October 2013
“For the first time since 1920, cities are growing faster than the suburbs, as Millennials shun their Boomer parents’ way of life for one with more density, fewer miles to travel, and a higher concentration of points-of-interest within walking distance. This demographic shift poses a headache for carmakers as Millennials delay or forgo purchasing a new car.”
– Colin Bird, Automotive Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- How can carmakers persuade city dwellers to own new cars?
- How can carmakers convince more Millennials to purchase a new car instead of used?
- The new car consumer: who expects to purchase a brand-new car and when.
- What types of features and services is the new car intender looking for when making a purchasing decision?
- The level of consumer engagement in hybrid technology, plug-in hybrid technology, diesel technology, and in fuel-efficient, naturally aspirated engine technology.
- Which sources, safety ratings, fuel economy figures, and reliability data most impact the purchasing process of a new car intender?
- What are consumer perceptions of the leading automotive makes and brands?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.