Non-alcoholic Beverage Trends at Restaurants - US - April 2010
This report explores non-alcoholic beverage trends in restaurants. It identifies key developments that are changing consumer habits and usage, as well as taking into consideration health and wellness trends and the current economic climate. Mintel finds opportunities exist for industry players to woo customers with beverage choices providing health and variety, underscored with value and supported by promotion.
In addition, this report will discuss:
- The recession’s impact on consumer confidence and, in turn, restaurant sales
- The obesity epidemic and its connection with beverage consumption
- How health trends continue to shape consumer choice of beverages
- What’s on the beverage menu by type, flavor and trend
- How beverage menus differ by restaurant segment and which segment rises to the top in terms of customer satisfaction of beverage choice availability
- The importance of soda brands on the menu and beverage pricing trends
- How tea beverages are finding favor as a healthy beverage and provide a vehicle for innovation in flavor diversity
- How quick-service restaurants have influenced the coffee platform within the restaurant industry as well as innovation by types of coffee and pricing trends
- Why frozen beverages are an area for innovation and how players are responding with more economical options
- A comprehensive look into elements that drive successful marketing initiatives of restaurant brand beverage platforms
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.