Nutrition and Energy Bars - US - February 2011
While sales in many food and drink categories declined or remained stagnant between 2008 and 2010, sales of nutrition and energy bars rose considerably during this period. Additionally, there is some indication that the category is positioned well for future growth due to strong demand for better-for-you snacks and increasing pressure from regulators to produce more options low in calories, sodium and fat but high in essential nutrients.
To provide insight for capitalizing on opportunities in the nutrition and energy bar market, Mintel has published this report, which addresses the following questions:
- How have sales of nutrition and energy bars fluctuated in recent years and how are they likely to change in the future?
- What types of bars tend to be most popular and why?
- How are macro-level trends in the U.S. impacting the market, and how do these trends imply marketers should approach product development and marketing efforts?
- What are the leading companies in the category and how have they achieved impressive growth in recent years?
- What types of new products are companies introducing and what role does innovation play in sales growth?
- How are companies marketing nutrition and energy bars?
- Why do consumers use nutrition and energy bars and why do some avoid the bars?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.