Nutrition and Energy Bars - US - February 2012
While sales of many consumer products have seen declines in sales due to the poor economy, this has not been the case for the nutrition and energy bar market. While not entirely recession-proof, this sector has shown itself to have staying power even in the light of continuing economic woes hitting many consumers’ wallets. Sales of nutrition and energy bars in the U.S. increased by 71% between 2006-11; total U.S. sales reached $1.7 billion in 2011.
Growth has been largely driven by consumers’ increasing awareness of the importance of a healthy diet and regular exercise. To provide additional insight on the opportunities available within the nutrition and energy bar market, Mintel has addressed, among others, the following essential questions:
- How has the recession and subsequently sluggish recovery, impacted the nutrition and energy bar market, in terms of innovation, consumer attitudes and behavior, and marketing strategies?
- Which types of bars continue to be most popular, and how are manufacturers upping the ante in order to better compete?
- What macro-market trends are driving the market, and how can companies use those to their advantage?
- As the definition continues to blur between energy and snack bars, what can and should energy bar companies do to meet consumer needs more effectively?
- How is social media aiding in the marketing of products within this sector – and which companies are falling behind in the social media arena?
- How has consumer usage of energy bars shifted in the past five years among adults and teens, and what are companies doing (or what should they do) to entice users and reduce burnout?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.