Nuts and Dried Fruit - US - August 2012
The $7.2 billion dollar nuts and dried fruit category fared well during the recession and beyond, posting a gain of 36.1% in dollar sales from 2007-12. The category has likely benefited from the health perceptions associated with it, as well as constant innovation and a strong private label presence. While constant growth is expected from 2012-17, much depends on potential overall food price increases due to the 2012 drought, coupled with effective innovation, particularly around emphasizing functional benefits.
In order to provide a better understanding and recommendations for future success, this report provides an in-depth look at the nuts and dried fruit market, including:
- Current market performance, including leading brands and the impact of a strong private label market in an otherwise fragmented category
- Consumption patterns and health perceptions of the three segments that make up the category: nuts, dried fruit, and trail mix
- Consumers’ health perceptions associated with the category, as well possible confusions regarding all the functional benefits that nuts provide
- Brand and private label purchase patterns, as well as taste perceptions regarding private label offerings
- Insight into new product launches and how product claims compare to consumers’ interests and desires
- TV ads, as well as online and digital promotional efforts
- Interest in new products, specifically in flavors and “low-in” attributes
- Usage occasion popularity and frequency of consumption
- Consumption among multicultural groups and their importance to the category
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.