Nuts and Dried Fruit - US - July 2009
The nuts and dried fruit market hasn’t had to suffer the ups and downs, image-wise, that other snack foods have. Long accepted as genuinely healthy snack foods, the market has survived as Americans move from one diet trend to the next, and even thrived at the height of the low-carb diet.
This report addresses issues of key concern to manufacturers, marketers, and distributors of nuts and dried fruit, including:
- How the economy is driving consumers to less expensive private label products, and possibly pricing some out of the market completely
- How growing interest in healthful eating and snacking has driven sales, and what more can be done
- How, even though consumers are generally aware of the health benefits of nuts and dried fruit, better education on the specific health benefits is necessary
- How new product innovation has made the market more accessible to younger consumers
- How the market has capitalized on leading food trends, including portion control, and highlighting natural functional traits like omega-3s and antioxidants, and where opportunities for further growth exist
- In a market where there is something for everyone, which products appeal to which consumers
- How the rapidly growing Hispanic population creates a unique opportunity for the market to appeal to a young target market
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.