Occupational and Group Pensions - UK - June 2012
“The occupational and group pension models that currently exist are not necessarily broken but they are far from operating at their optimum level. Pension reform is going to generate unforeseen market issues and it is how employers and providers react to these issues which will determine the future success of occupational pensions. Those involved with pension administration must ensure that the correct target audience is being selected. For the older generation it is already too late to change their pension plans, however, young to middle-aged workers offer a vast market to engage with. ”
– Stephanie Seenan, Financial Services Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Is pension complexity encouraging people to switch to ISAs for retirement savings?
- Auto-enrolment – who are the winners and losers?
- Could it be time to find other retirement funding strategies?
- Does auto-enrolment stand any chance of defusing the pension time bomb?
- Will quantitative easing force companies to find millions to top up pension funds?
- Can we learn lessons from the Dutch and promote ‘Defined Ambition’ schemes?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.