Oh, Baby! - US - February 2009
The $3.4 billion FDMx (excluding Wal-Mart) market for disposable baby products includes diapers, training pants, wipes and moist towelettes, as well as cleansing and care products such as shampoo, body wash, and baby oil. Oh, Baby! examines this mature market using primary and secondary research to identify points of opportunity as well as challenges ahead.
- How birth rates have recently impacted the market and how the economy will alter purchase habits
- What eco-friendly products are being introduced in the diapers, training pants and wipes segments and what challenges exist to growing environmentally friendly products
- What phthalates are and how concerns will create innovation opportunities
- Why private label sales are growing in some segments but declining in others
- How does specific product usage vary by race/ethnicity and age of child?
- How deep is the demand for environmentally friendly products and are respondents willing to pay more for natural ingredients?
- Who is really using baby oil and baby powder and how does this affect ways that these products should be positioned?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.