Oil Change Retail - US - August 2009
This report explores the oil change market in the US. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting sales, consumption, trends and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Sales and analysis covers three oil change segments: fast lube chains, oil change-plus operators and associated lube chains.
Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What effects do rising gasoline costs and the economic downturn have on the overall market?
- How are oil change operators tapping the “green” movement to increase sales and convince environmentalists the services they offer are relevant?
- What segments of the oil change market are stagnating, and what can be done to increase activity?
- What companies are driving innovation in their segments, and how can others learn from their success?
- What effect will a pending bill to expand vehicle information, from dealers to outside operators, have on the oil change retail market?
- Why are non-oil change retailers like mass merchants or tire shops entering the oil change market and what effect does that have on outlets whose primary business model is oil changes?
- What effect does consumer driving patterns have on the oil change market?
- How are revamped automaker motor oil recommendations affecting the oil change market?
- How can oil change operators take advantage of the economic downturn to appeal to consumers seeking budget-conscious options?
- What media are industry leaders using to deliver effective marketing campaigns, and what actions need to be taken to improve visibility?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.