Over-55s' Eating Habits - UK - October 2009
- When shopping for food, two thirds of over 55-year olds are likely to have planned their purchases in advance.
- Consumers aged over 55 are more frequent food shoppers than their younger counterparts who are much more likely to shop once a week or less.
- Almost 5 million over-55yr olds have health problems so will be watching what they eat, creating a significant opportunity for manufacturers of functional foods.
- People over 65-years olds have greater concerns about the salt and sugar content of their food. The increased risk of developing diabetes and other ailments at this stage in their lives drives their concerns
- Over 55-year olds purchase more convenience food items than other age groups, as just under a third of this group live alone.
- Compared to under 55-year olds, over 55-year olds are more likely to consider their diet to be healthy and are more prepared to pay a higher price if it means avoiding artificial additives.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.